How You Should Write an Obituary for Henderson, NV Funeral Homes
Writing an obituary can be a trying process at best or extremely stressful at worst. It forces people to come to grips with the fact that someone they cared deeply about has recently died. As such, many families will be overwhelmed with grief. Having just lost a loved one, they might feel incapable of writing the kind of obituary they think their recently deceased loved one deserves. Thankfully, resident families can outsource the task of writing an obituary to the Henderson, NV funeral homes of their choice. This service certainly won’t ease the pain, but it can make it easier to grieve by taking another potential worry away from the survivors of the deceased.
The funeral home that you choose can write the entire obituary for you and then submit it to the local newspapers for publication. This service is often performed for free. The only requirement from you would be to supply your chosen funeral home with the necessary information about your loved one. When arranging for your choice of funeral home to write your loved one’s obituary, please make sure to give it the following information…
- The name and date of birth of the deceased.
- The date of the person’s death and the announcement that it has taken place.
- Things which were important in the life of the deceased. These might include his or her alma mater, interests, career, etc.
- The names of the people who survived the deceased, and what their relationships were with him or her.
- Any family members who may have predeceased this person.
- The location and time of any upcoming funeral or memorial service. The obituary will be released a few days before such a service takes place.
- If the deceased had a wish for mourners to donate to a charity in his or her name, make the aforementioned charity known.
- Any additional information you think should be included, such as if the family is asking for financial assistance to hold the funeral or memorial service.
Upon receiving this information, your chosen Henderson, NV funeral homes will organize it into a proper obituary suitable for publication in local newspapers. These obituaries can be brief or they might be far lengthier passages which explore the character of the deceased in greater depth. You should be aware that some newspapers have restrictions on certain things about obituaries, such as the length that they’ll accept.
Note that while most Henderson, NV funeral homes will write an obituary for free, this isn’t always the case. If you’re a resident and have any questions about obituary writing services, what the possible price is, and what you think you should include, don’t hesitate to contact Laura Sussman of Kraft-Sussman Funeral & Cremation Services. With ten years of experience as a funeral director, she’ll answer your questions with professionalism and complete empathy for your needs. You can contact her by phone at (702) 485-6500. The funeral home can be located at 3975 S. Durango Drive, Suite 104 Las Vegas, NV 89147.